Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sounds of August: A Concert Series in University of the Philippines Diliman (Free)

I was lucky to be part of the UP-D College of Music's mailing list when I reserved my seats for the Viva Espana show. I showed my support because a previous student of mine is performing, Adrik Cristobal, and I am very proud that he is pursuing his dreams.

After that show, I received an invitation from the UPD's College of Music about a series of free concert shows. This series of concert is named Sounds of August. Unfortunately, I missed the first one already as I read the e-mail late and I have made plans on that day. Still, there are two more shows you just haveto check out. I also received information from a friend who is a mother of a home-schooled boy about these concerts and from what I heard it is something the kids or students should not miss.

Here are the schedule of performances:
August 12, 2010 - Baroque Overdose (A night of Baroque Music)

August 19, 2010 - Dichter Liebe (Poet of Love- In celebration of Robert Schumann's Bicentennial Year)

August 26, 2010 - Tugtog at Indayog (Dance to the beat of Tango, Jazz, Contemporary and Afro Latin Music)

All concerts will be held at Abelardo Hall Auditorium 7 pm UP Diliman. The show is free admission.

Why should you go:
1. Concerts such as this performed by talented people for FREE!!! - really? Do you need to be convinced more?
2. I am a big advocate of building schema and music appreciation. There is no better way to expose and teach our kids and students about different kinds of music besides pop but to expose them.
3. Because it is brought to you by none other than the Student Council of the College of Music.



For the list of performances, please refer to the photo attached and for more information you may contact them at cmusc1011@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment