Wednesday, October 13, 2010

P50 Musical Fountain Show Promo at Manila Ocean Park ends on October 17, 2010



I recently visited Manila Ocean Park and I heard a few visitors claiming their P50 ticket for the fountain show. As we know word of mouth is one of the best marketing tools so naturally I became intrigued about the promo.

Earlier this year, I bought the same Fountain Show tickets for my sister, my son and I. To watch the fountain show, I shelled out P900 for three tickets. So upon hearing that this guy will get his ticket for P50, I know this promo is a bargain!

I checked out Manila Ocean Park's website and this is the information I received:

PROMO MECHANICS:
1. Visit www.manilaoceanpark.com
2. Click on register and fill up the registration form; email add and mobile number is a must; then click submit.
3. Receive your instant SMS coupon through your registered mobile number within the day.
4. Present your SMS coupon at the Acquatica Ticket Booth for ticket seller validation.
5. Pay the amount of P50.00 upon validation to get a Musical Fountain ticket.

•Seat is on a First Come, First Serve Basis.
•One (1) SMS Coupon per person per transaction only.
•SMS Coupon must be availed within the promo period.
•SMS Coupon is not redeemable for cash.
•SMS Coupon cannot be combined with any other coupon or discount promo, including Senior Citizens privilege.
•MOP reserves the right to delay, postpone, or cancel the show in case of technical problems, heavy rain, or inclement weather.
PER DTI NCR PERMIT NO: A1-0461 SERIES OF 2010

So I did what the instruction said, I clicked on the register button which is located on the top right side. The register button is a red tab beside the log-in button which can easily attract your attention.

I filled out the registration form and after a minute or so I received my SMS confirmation for the promo ticket.

A word of CAUTION though: One SMS message means one ticket only so if you are five in the group that means that you should have five UNIQUE messages from Manila Ocean Park. The SMS cannot be forwarded from one cellphone to another cellphone. It has to be a message sent directly by Manila Ocean Park. I've heard funny stories wherein people who did not follow this instruction get mad because they cannot get discounted tickets for their family when they were the ones who did not follow the rule in the first place. It's really hard to please some people. They even threatened to just go to Hong Kong Ocean Park because of the "bad service or treatment" they claimed to have been given. May I just ask, if your having a hard time paying the extra P250 for the ticket then how can you afford to pay for the airline ticket, hotel accommodation, Hong Kong Ocean Park's entrance fee and amusement fees. Come on who are you kidding!

Anyway, it was sad to hear that kind of story because it reminds how we Filipinos treat our own fellowmen. Again let me just ask when we are abroad don't we follow the rules of our host country because we are so afraid to be deported. Why is it in our own country we find it hard to follow our own rules? Why? Tell me why? Don't you want our own country to succeed in implementing discipline?

Ang ginagawa ng matanda ay sya ring gagawin ng mga nakakabata. Ang basura mo ay laging babalik sayo. Pinoy naman, di ka ba nagsasawa?

My fervent request to those who will avail this promo or any promo in this country, "Please follow instructions."

As the late Dr. Robin of UP Education Department used to tell us "Magbasa para wag magmukhang tanga"

No comments:

Post a Comment