Warm greetings! The 12th National Special Education Conference coincides with the 45th Founding Anniversary of the U.P. Special Education Area (SPED Department). Thus, this year is significant as UP SPED Department have reached 45 years of serving children and youth with special needs and their families and communities through committed and purposive teacher training, research, extension services and advocacy programs.
This 45th UP SPED Department Anniversary will be celebrated by way of conducting the 12th National SPED Conference on this theme:
EDUCATING THE CHILD with SPECIAL NEEDS in the REGULAR SCHOOL:
Current Perspectives, Support Services and Best Practices
Date: October 22, 2011 (Saturday)
Time: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. – Registration
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Conference
Venue: UP Film Institute, Diliman, Quezon City
The conference aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. Recall the Normalization and Inclusive Education ideologies and relate them to current practices in SPED.
2. Determine the parameter and components of Inclusive Education.
3. Envision a plan on how to organize/implement/upgrade/revitalize an inclusionary program in the light of current perspectives, support services and best practices.
4. Draw implications of the practice of inclusive education to current and future concerns of children with special needs.
5. Decide on committing oneself to the welfare and aspirations of children with special needs through inclusionary programs.
Specific topics covered by the Conference are as follows:
1. Normalization and Inclusive Education: Rationale, Principles and Goals
2. Inclusive Education: Surveying Its Parameter and Crystallizing a System
3. Towards a Responsive and Nurturing Inclusive Education
4. Current Perspectives, Support Services and Best Practices Along:
· Curricular Programs
· Instructional Schemes
· Psychosocial Training
· Pupil Evaluation and Promotion
I want to assure you that this event will strengthen our intention and deepen our motivation of addressing current and future educational and life concerns of children with special needs.
I look forward to meeting you on October 22. God bless you and your loved ones!
Note: Due to dining space limitations in UP, this conference does not cover snacks and lunch. Thus, no a.m. & p.m. snack break. Two hours – 12:00 nn. – 2:00 p.m. – are allotted for lunch break. You may wish to bring your food or dine in a food shop of your choice. Thanks for your understanding.
EDILBERTO I. DIZON, Ed. D.
Reservation form for the 12th National SPED Conference:
Yes, I will attend the Educating the Child with Special Needs in the Regular School: Current Perspectives, Support Services, and Best Practices. Enclosed is the reservation fee of PhP 500.00 per participant or the total amount of _________________ for ____ participant/s.
Please write below the name/s and nickname/s of the participant/s. Thank you.
Name/s on Certificate/s (Please add lines as necessary):